[xcvb-devel] XCVB release tarballs

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 23:55:43 UTC 2009

I released XCVB 0.324 as a tarball including all its dependencies, and
enough bootstrapped configuration magic that you may compile it with
any old SBCL (CFASL patch not necessary, though welcome). Enjoy!

http://common-lisp.net/project/xcvb/releases/

Using either ASDF or a bootstrapped XCVB, you can compile XCVB for
other implementations: clisp has been verified to work; cmucl and ccl
might just work.

There are still issues with ASDF-DEPENDENCY-GROVEL and ASDF-TO-XCVB
that make the automated migration fail on a large number of packages
(notably most ediware). We'll try to get these issues resolved,
possibly by pushing patches upstream.

Never abandon a theory that explains something until you have a theory that
explains more.  -- John McCarthy