[hunchentoot-devel] Preventing Hunchentoot from parsing the POST-Data

Hans Hübner hans.huebner at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 06:28:47 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 01:42, Christoph Senjak
<christoph.senjak at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Can I somehow tell hunchentoot not to read and parse the post-data,
> but leaving raw-post-data as a binary stream which I can pass to the
> cgi-handler?

Hunchentoot is designed as terminating HTTP server, i.e. it does not
expect to forward requests.  For this, it is required that any request
body is eventually read from the stream during handler processing.  It
should be possible to make request forwarding work, but that will
require tracing the internals of Hunchentoot and finding out where and
why the post body is actually read, then come up with a configurable
mechanism to supress request body processing for certain requests.

Before sending patches, please make sure that you've read
http://weitz.de/patches.html - You may also want to post your
implementation plan here before submitting a patch.

-Hans