[hunchentoot-devel] Default external format

Sebastian Tennant sebyte at smolny.plus.com
Fri Oct 9 23:48:59 UTC 2009

Quoth Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de>:
> I'm not aware of specific offenders.  Clients /should/ indicate the
> character encoding in the headers they send, so this is mainly a
> safety measure.

Understood.

> If you want to experiment yourself, take a look at the "GET/POST
> parameter handling with ... character set" tests in the Hunchentoot
> distribution and look at the headers specific clients send.

Noted.

> I think you should first try to do this from the command line without
> Emacs to see if the problem remains.  This very much (lacking a
> detailed description) sounds like an Emacs problem to me.

That's what I thought at first... but when I realised that the problem only
occurs at the load'ing stage, I realised that it has nothing to do with Emacs.
Using Emacs/SLIME/SWANK to re-evaluate the code just happened to fix it, but it
wasn't causing it.

Anyway, the problem doesn't occur on my production box (SBCL in Debian Lenny)
so it's not a major issue... something (the gods only know what) to do
with... something else!

Seb
--
Emacs' AlsaPlayer - Music Without Jolts
Lightweight, full-featured and mindful of your idyllic happiness.