[hunchentoot-devel] Default external format

Sebastian Tennant sebyte at smolny.plus.com
Thu Oct 8 19:27:03 UTC 2009

Hi list,

I don't often see messages of thanks on open source software mailing lists, so,
without wishing to sound obsequious, let me buck the trend by thanking Edi, and
everone else, before and since, for their work on hunchentoot.

I've found that setting this at the top level of cl-user:

 (setf tbnl:*hunchentoot-default-external-format* tbnl::+utf-8+)

has no effect, other than preventing an error when a handler produces non-ascii
text, i.e., the non-ascii text is garbled when displayed in the browser,
despite including the line:

 (setf (tbnl:content-type*) "text/html; charset=utf-8")

in the handler.

The problem is solved by also including the line:

 (setf (tbnl:reply-external-format tbnl:*REPLY*) tbnl::+utf-8+)

in the handler, so what then is the purpose if the special variable?

Am I missing something?

Regards

Seb
--
Emacs' AlsaPlayer - Music Without Jolts
Lightweight, full-featured and mindful of your idyllic happiness.