[hunchentoot-devel] Request methods suffixed with * -- not backwards compatible?

Chaitanya Gupta mail at chaitanyagupta.com
Wed Sep 3 07:43:24 UTC 2008

Edi Weitz wrote:

> We thought about this as well and eventually decided to go this way.
> One of the goals of the new release is a clearer CLOS-based model of
> the request/response phase and we think that the names should reflect
> this.  I'm usually trying to be as backwards-compatible as possible
> (mind you, I have to update my web apps as well!), but sometimes it
> simply isn't possible.

So that's that then, which is fine. I still wish, though, that this
didn't have to happen. :)

Still, I can't really see what will be gained by exporting the
request(or reply) accessors. If you can explain what you have in mind
when you say a clearer CLOS-based model, and how it will help, that will
be great.

Cheers,
Chaitanya