[hunchentoot-devel] Request methods suffixed with * -- not backwards compatible?

Hans Hübner hans at huebner.org
Mon Sep 1 13:27:44 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 15:08, Chaitanya Gupta <mail at chaitanyagupta.com> wrote:
> Hans Hübner wrote:
>>
>> We found that it was very inconvenient that there are no accessor
>> functions for the slots in the request object, and that the accessors
>> should be conventionally named.  I think we are not completely done
>> with the API cleanup, though, and it may well be that there will be
>> further changes before the next real release (i.e. the reply class may
>> be changed, too).  It is propably safe to assume that the *-versions
>> of the accessors will stay forever.
>>

> Ok. But does it mean that code written for the current release version of
> hunchentoot will break? As of now, I can't really use our existing code with
> the dev version, which is quite a dampener..

Yes.  Code for the current release version of Hunchentoot will not be
compatible to code for the next release version.  You need to either
stay with the old release, code for the new release and use the dev
version or port forward once the new release is out.  The new release
is will take several weeks to show up.

-Hans