[hunchentoot-devel] Request methods suffixed with * -- not backwards compatible?

Hans Hübner hans at huebner.org
Mon Sep 1 07:38:31 UTC 2008

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 07:10, Chaitanya Gupta <mail at chaitanyagupta.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was trying to use the svn branch of Hunchentoot, and found, to my
> surprise, that most of my old code didn't work anymore. The culprit mainly
> seems to be request.lisp, where a lot of old functions/methods have been
> renamed with a * suffixed to their name.
>
> Are these changes permanent? Will these make it into the release version?
> Also, what is the reason behind this? I tried searching the mailing list for
> any discussion on this, but couldn't find anything.

We found that it was very inconvenient that there are no accessor
functions for the slots in the request object, and that the accessors
should be conventionally named.  I think we are not completely done
with the API cleanup, though, and it may well be that there will be
further changes before the next real release (i.e. the reply class may
be changed, too).  It is propably safe to assume that the *-versions
of the accessors will stay forever.

-Hans