[hunchentoot-devel] using SESSION-VALUE without START-SESSION will never call HT::COUNT-SESSION-USAGE

Lars Rune Nøstdal larsnostdal at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 23:55:53 UTC 2008

hi,
seems using HT:SESSION-VALUE without ever calling HT:START-SESSION never calls
HT::COUNT-SESSION-USAGE

CL-USER> (sb-introspect:who-calls 'ht::count-session-usage)
((HUNCHENTOOT:START-SESSION
  . #S(SB-INTROSPECT:DEFINITION-SOURCE
       :PATHNAME #P"/home/lars/programming/lisp/hunchentoot/session.lisp"
       :FORM-PATH (12 4)
       :CHARACTER-OFFSET 7759
       :FILE-WRITE-DATE 3415636264
       :PLIST NIL
       :DESCRIPTION NIL)))
CL-USER> (sb-introspect:who-calls 'ht:start-session)
NIL

so the only thing that calls HT::COUNT-SESSION-USAGE is HT:SESSION-START, and
nothing calls HT:SESSION-START .. (hope i got this right; i'm tired)

from the documentation (which is great btw.) I assumed "(counting only requests
which use sessions)" included cases where I used SESSION-VALUE since, well, i
"use" sessions then ... :)

http://www.weitz.de/hunchentoot/#*session-gc-frequency*

--
Lars Rune Nøstdal