[hunchentoot-devel] Two questions

Nicolas Neuss neuss at math.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri Mar 14 17:23:09 UTC 2008

Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de> writes:

> On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 21:06:36 +0100, Nicolas Neuss <neuss at math.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:
>
>> I have two questions.  The first is probably a stupid one: is it
>> possible to serve both http and https on the same port?  With one
>> Hunchentoot instance?
>
> No, that's generally not possible.  It's not a Hunchentoot limitation.
> How is the client supposed to know which protocol they should use?

OK, I had suspected that.  Thank you for the information.

>> The second one should probably be asked at the mod_lisp mailing
>> list: is it possible to put several Hunchentoot servers behind
>> mod_lisp?
>
> It is possible, the mod_lisp directives can be per virtual server or
> even per location (see Apache documentation).  IIRC you'll find
> examples for this in the mailing list archive if you dig deep enough.

I searched, but did not succeed in making it run.  However, methinks that I
may be better off anyhow using mod_proxy instead of mod_lisp.  In any case,
I was able to get Apache2/mod_proxy/Hunchentoot running nicely using the
httpd.conf-lines

ProxyPass /hunchentoot/ http://127.0.0.1:8005/
ProxyPassReverse /hunchentoot/ http://127.0.0.1:8005/

However, again two questions arise:

1. Omitting the trailing / makes the whole thing fail (which is in
contradiction to the Hunchentoot docs).  Why?

2. Is it possible to change the above setup such that it forwards secure
connections?

Thank you very much,
Nicolas