[hunchentoot-devel] Is there a better way?

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Wed Aug 6 17:13:44 UTC 2008

On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 09:16:29 -0700, Kevin Raison <raison at chatsubo.net> wrote:

> To explain, I added the explicit content length header after seeing
> some strange and inconsistent behavior with browsers across several
> platforms.  On the Mac using Firefox, the entire WAV stream would
> not reach the browser, so users would only hear part of their audio
> file.  With Safari, the stream would not play at all.  On Windows,
> IE behaved like Firefox on the Mac, but Firefox on Windows would not
> play the WAV stream at all.  On Linux using Firefox, the browser
> would generally crash mid-way through the stream downloading. Opera
> on Linux worked fine.  Explicitly adding the content length header
> solved all of these issues.  Any ideas?

Which version of Hunchentoot are you using, dev or release?  Have you
checked that it actually does the right thing when sending chunked
content?  I would hope that it does, but with the dev version I'm less
sure and even with the release version there's of course always a
chance that there are bugs.  Also, could it be that you get requests
for partial content somewhere that aren't handled as expected?

Edi (on vacation).