[hunchentoot-devel] problem setting up hunchentoot

Kim Stebel kimstebel at gmx.de
Wed Apr 9 20:11:02 UTC 2008

Hello group,

I'm new to LISP and i'm trying to set up a basic "Hello World"-website
with Hunchentoot. I'm using SBCL 1.0.6 on linux(ubuntu gutsy) and
installed hunchentoot
via asdf-install. Then i registered a file handler and startet the
server:
(require :hunchentoot)
(setq hunchentoot:*dispatch-table*
       (list (hunchentoot:create-static-file-dispatcher-and-handler "/
htt" "/home/kim/httest.html")))
(defvar *ht-server* (hunchentoot:start-server :port 3456))

The problem: No page is displayed when I tell my browser to go to
"localhost:3456/htt". Telneting to port 3456 always results in the
connection being closed immediately without an error message.
I googled quite a lot and tried the following to get more information:

(setq hunchentoot:*SHOW-LISP-ERRORS-P* t)
(setq hunchentoot:*SHOW-LISP-BACKTRACES-P* t)
(setq hunchentoot:*catch-errors-p* nil)

Now each time I try to connect to hunchentoot, I get the following
error message in the REPL:
debugger invoked on a UNDEFINED-FUNCTION in thread #<THREAD
"hunchentoot-worker-4" {B2271F9}>:
   The function (SETF HUNCHENTOOT::FLEXI-STREAM-BOUND) is undefined.

I already sent this to comp.lang.lisp
(http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.lisp/browse_thread/thread/383c828c94adc557#)
and the nice people there helped me to ensure that all the required
components are installed and loaded.
I also tried the example from http://weitz.de/hunchentoot/#example and got
the same error message.
I'm pretty lost here, so I'd really appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance
Kim