[hunchentoot-devel] Form Processing - hopefully a quick one

Bill Tate wdtate at comcast.net
Fri Mar 16 20:47:31 UTC 2007

I apologize if this is a stupid question, but this is driving me nuts.
I'm doing a simple test to get acquainted with Hunchentoot and CL-WHO.  I
need to do the typical navigate to form page ->fill out the form and submit
form -> go to a different response page.  Handlers for both form and
response pages have been defined.

I've tried to set an :action attribute on the form to go to the desired
response page as you would in normal HTML.  However, I keep getting the
original form page when hitting submit button.  I'm obviously missing
something here.  Here's a snippet of the form page

(define-easy-handler (my-demo-form :uri
"/hunchentoot/test/my-demo-form.html"
                                :default-request-type :post)
  (person city state)
  (with-html
    (:html
     (:head (:title "Simple Form Response Example"))
     (:body
      (:h2 "Test Form ")
      (:p (:form :method :post :action
"/Hunchentoot/test/my-demo-response.html"
           (:table :border 1 :cellpadding 2 :cellspacing 0

Any help would be appreciated.