[hunchentoot-devel] Form Processing & responding to events

Ury Marshak urym at two-bytes.com
Fri Mar 16 00:19:48 UTC 2007

Bill Tate wrote:
> how I can capture something like an onClick or an
> onLoad event using the keyword notation provided by Hunchentoot.
onclick and other on-something events happen on the client, in the
browser. Hunchentoot lives
on the server side and therefore has nothing to with those events. If
you really want to receive
those events on the server you'll have to generate some Javascript to
capture the events and, for
example, make the call to the server using AJAX.
> I noticed
> from the test demo for the easy handler example that hitting the enter key
> while on a text box will cause the form to be submitted but I can't see
> where in the code this is explicitly called for.

This behaviour is built into forms.

Cheers,
Ury Marshak