[hunchentoot-devel] PUT parameters missing?

Ralf Mattes rm at seid-online.de
Sun Jun 17 17:44:17 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-06-17 at 11:26 -0400, Jonathon McKitrick wrote:

[snip]

> I've been testing some code to PUT an XML entity rather than
> populating the POST parameters, but I'm not sure how to get the
> content from the request via hunchentoot.  I've found GET-CONTENT in
> CL-WEBDAV, but that code seems to read the raw content data as a file,
> while I'm sending data as an XML document.  Is there a simple way to
> do this without resorting to another library?

Well - you need to implement a handler for the PUT method. Inside this
handler you must read the content from the stream - have a look at
'raw-post-data' in 'hunchenoot/request.lisp', esp. the last sentence of
the documentation:
  "... Note that this function is slightly misnamed because a
   client can send content even if the request method is not POST."

HTH  Ralf Mattes