[hunchentoot-devel] Error uploading file using mod_lisp2

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Sun Jan 21 23:27:45 UTC 2007

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 13:51:17 +0200, Ury Marshak <urym at two-bytes.com> wrote:

> I've stumbled upon the following problem, running Hunchentoot behind
> Apache/mod_lisp2: doing file uploads (for example to the "file
> upload test" in hunchentoot-test I have *intermittent* failures
> where the apache error log shows the following:
>
> [Sun Jan 21 05:10:16 2007] [error] [Hunchentoot] Error when creating REQUEST object: #<SB-SYS:FD-STREAM for "file /tmp/hunchentoot/hunchentoot-293" {C1ADA79}> is closed.

This is strange.  It seems that the stream to the temporary file which
is created during the file upload is closed too early...

> Continuing attempts to upload after such failure I often get HTTP
> 400 Bad request. Running an automated test shows that usually after
> 5-6 iterations the error happens. Running hunchentoot without apache
> does not show this error (tests of several hundred requests succeed)
>
> This happens with Hunchentoot versions 0.4.3 and 0.5.1.
> The platform is Debian-testing/i386, SBCL 1.0.1, Apache 2.2

Hmm, I tried with a setup pretty similar to yours and could manually
upload 17 files in a row (using the "File uploads" part of
Hunchentoot's test code) without problems.

I'm using SBCL 1.0.1 on a Ubuntu system with a 2.6.17-2-686 kernel,
Apache 2.2.3, and Hunchentoot 0.5.1.

How did you run the automated tests?  What kind of files did you
upload?  Are you using the latest versions of Chunga, FLEXI-STREAMS,
and mod_lisp2?

Cheers,
Edi.