[tbnl-devel] Weird problem with cookies and startup

Bob Hutchison hutch at recursive.ca
Fri Feb 25 21:00:44 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've been using TBNL for a few weeks and am encountering some strange
behaviour when sessions time out. Specifically, once a session times
out I start getting multiple cookies written to the browser -- as the
user navigates around the site the cookie, and so the session, changes.

I am wondering if this is a known problem. If so, maybe some advice.
Otherwise, I'll try to isolate the problem better so I can provide a
more precise description of what is happening.

There is another problem for which I have no explanation: when the lisp
system is first started up it takes several attempts to load the page
before the page is loaded (it isn't getting as far as the lisp program
I think). Same thing: if this is familiar, maybe some advice...
otherwise I'll try to describe the problem better.

I'm using Lispworks 4.4 professional on OS/X (10.3.8) using what ever
the current versions of Apache 1.x (for OS/X) and mod_lisp.

Other that that, TBNL works beautifully. Very nice.

Cheers,
Bob
----
Bob Hutchison          -- blogs at <http://www.recursive.ca/hutch/>