[tbnl-devel] a problem while installing..

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Tue Feb 1 18:10:26 UTC 2005

Hi!

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 07:29:09 -0500, Jason Wang <randomtalk at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi, i'm  using win32 with apache2 installed..
>
> i try to start tbnl (loading went fine..), using (tbnl:start-tbnl),
> and it just stops, give me a new line, and stops, when i type an
> enter, it give me a new line, on the bottom, it says pipeline
> request... (swank: listener-eval " "), then stops again.. is this
> normal? When i try to load the test page from the web browser
> (http://localhost/tbnl/test/test.lisp) it gave me a server error
>
> Server error!
>
> The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete
> your request. Either the server is overloaded or there was an error in
> a CGI script.
>
> If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
>
> i put in the lines to httpd.config:
>
> LispServer 127.0.0.1 3000 "tbnl"
> <Location /tbnl>
>   SetHandler lisp-handler
> </Location>
>
> anyone know what's happening?

The message you got from Apache most likely means that TBNL wasn't
started yet.  To further investigate your problem we first need to
know which Lisp implementation you are using.  AllegroCL?  LispWorks?
Something else?  And which version?

Also, the SWANK part in your email very much looks like you're working
with SLIME.  Try to isolate the problem by starting the TBNL test
suite directly from your Lisp listener without using SLIME and see if
that makes a difference.

Let us know what comes out of this.

Cheers,
Edi.