[Snow-devel] Snow appreciation & questions

Alessio Stalla alessiostalla at gmail.com
Thu May 26 09:12:43 UTC 2011

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 10:01 AM, Matus Kmit <simply.nitaai at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Allessio
>
> Thanks for Your answer. i requirements for the available components
> are quite modest as per now, as the application is also quite simple
> (although it might get more sophisticated in the future).
>
> to start, i will surely need to following: frame, panels, buttons and
> dropdowns with all their most important attributes.
>
> in the future i might add menu bar and some of the look-and-feel components...
>
> if suppose the above mentioned components are already integrated?

Dropdowns aren't, as far as I remember. The rest are supported (as
well as text fields, tab panes, lists and maybe text areas) but with
essential attributes only. In the next few days I'll work on
strengthening support for existing widgets and adding dropdowns. As
soon as I have something ready I'll tell you. Expect to work with
stuff from SVN until I add/fix enough stuff to make a proper release.

> Good to know that You are willing to add components, which i will need
> :-) That's kind.

That's not kind, that's marketing :D Just kidding, it's nice to have
someone using your stuff. If it reassures you about my commitment to
the project, I'm planning to use it (time permitting) to redo the GUI
of an old project of mine (a didactic Prolog interpreter) which is
relatively complex with tabs, split panes, lists and a custom tree.
All in my free time, so don't expect rapid development :(

Cheers,
Alessio

PS I haven't yet investigated the http svn browser issue, I'll let you
know when I have more info.