[slime-devel] Re: Slime/ClozureCL issues

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Thu Mar 27 12:41:20 UTC 2008

* Vyacheslav Akhmechet [2008-03-26 18:36+0100] writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using Slime on PPC OS X with ClozureCL and Carbon Emacs 22. I've
> been running into the following issue for a long time with different
> versions of above software, and it finally itches enough to ask.
>
> When I encounter errors with ClozureCL, I normally just press "q" to
> leave the debugger. This works with Slime and other Lisp
> implementations, however on the above setup it occassionally kills the
> connection with Lisp. It doesn't happen for all errors, though. I am
> wondering if Slime picks the wrong restart, or if there is another
> issue.

It's unlikely that q picks the wrong restart.  The restart is stored
in the global variable *sldb-quit-restart* with something like this:

    (loop
      (with-simple-restart (abort "Return to SLIME's top level.")
        (let ((*sldb-quit-restart* (find-restart 'abort)))
          ...)))

And q essentially does:

  (let ((restart (find-restart *sldb-quit-restart*)))
    (cond (restart (invoke-restart restart))
          (t (error ...))))

This look quite robust to me.  The problem is probably some caused by
some other issue.

Helmut.