[slime-devel] Re: Mercurial

David Brown lisp at davidb.org
Wed Mar 5 17:08:37 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 11:52:17AM +0100, Mark Evenson wrote:

> I really like Mercurial compared to git and bzr, as it was the first of
> this bunch whose instructions I really understood in a brief trial period.
> The need for git to repack archives seems to be a weird design decision
> (why isn't this done semi-automatically?)

It is done semi-automatically...

There is a lot of "FUD" about how git used to be.  FUD is probably a bit
too strong, but most of the complaints I see about git aren't true in
recent versions.

Git is definitely harder to learn, but I personally feel that it has been
worth it.  I'm not sure how much it matters for something like Slime,
though.

David