[slime-devel] SLIME and SBCL

A.J. Rossini blindglobe at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 17:31:37 UTC 2005

On 11/11/05, Nicolas Neuss <Nicolas.Neuss at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> first let me say thank you for incorporating SLIME into Debian.  That
> version of SLIME also works fine with CMUCL.  However, I have problems with
> making it work with SBCL from Debian.  I get the messages:
>
> Connecting to Swank on port 33826..
> Process bridge is installed
> Lisp connection closed unexpectedly: exited abnormally with code 256
>
> I also have tried it with the CVS version of SLIME, with the same result.
> Does it work for others?  Do I have to compile SBCL from CVS?

I'm having no problem with the version of SLIME in Debian testing a
few weeks ago (not sure if the version mentioned has transitioned in
from Debian unstable).  I didn't have much initially luck with the
forking of SLIME and cl-swank into separate pieces, but the september
packaging (all in one) works for me.

(by "not working", I didn't figure out at that point how to get clisp
and cmucl working, just sbcl -- I've done so since, but not had time
to upgrade and test out of a working system!)

best,
-tony

blindglobe at gmail.com
Muttenz, Switzerland.
"Commit early,commit often, and commit in a repository from which we can easily
roll-back your mistakes" (AJR, 4Jan05).