[slime-devel] Source display not working in SLDB

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Fri Nov 4 09:07:49 UTC 2005

* Jonathan Lee [2005-11-01 21:01+0100] writes:

> I am running CLISP 2.35 as my base LISP.  Is this the problem or is
> the function broken for all Lisp implementations?

It's a CLISP issue.  For CLISP we always return "Cannot find ...".  We
could probably do a bit better in a few cases: for functions for which
M-. works.  But so far nobody was motivated to implemented that.
(M-. also doesn't very well for CLISP, because CLISP doesn't record
much source-location information.)

The show-source command works better in e.g. CMUCL or Lispworks.

Helmut.