[slime-devel] slime stopped working

Jeff Cunningham jeffrey at cunningham.net
Thu Nov 3 03:30:58 UTC 2005

I had this problem once before and I can't for the life of me remember what I did to fix it.

I just downloaded the latest CVS of slime (todays) and blew away allthe fasls like always. Then I started emacs and when I ran M-x slime I get the following:

(load "/home/jcunningham/installed/slime/swank-loader.lisp" :verbose t)
(swank:start-server "/tmp/slime.10888" :external-format :iso-latin-1-unix)

Error in function UNIX::SIGSEGV-HANDLER:  Segmentation Violation at #x100168E8.
   [Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR]

Restarts:
  0: [ABORT] Skip remaining initializations.

Debug  (type H for help)

(UNIX::SIGSEGV-HANDLER #<unused-arg>
                       #<unused-arg>
                       #.(SYSTEM:INT-SAP #x3FFFEC98))
Source: Error finding source:
Error in function LISP::%ENUMERATE-SEARCH-LIST:  Undefined search list: default
0]

I'm running CMUCL 19b and it hasn't changed in awhile.
I'm stumped. Does anyone have any ideas?

--Jeff