[s-xml-devel] Simple character sets: what does it mean?

Luca Capello luca at pca.it
Thu Feb 3 22:26:51 UTC 2005

Hi Sven!

On Thu 03 Feb 2005 10:52, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:
 > Well, the limitation in S-XML is that I/we did not yet make any effort
> to support anything but the basic CL character type (and string or
> stream type). But in a CL implementation that makes all characters,
> strings and streams unicode, that should solve most problems, I
> think. So it more or less depends on the underlying CL - with the
> restriction that full unicode support has not yet been proven as far
> as I know.

Thank you for the explanation. I included a README.Debian file in the
Debian package, but IMHO it should be better to include a README in
the upstream S-XML. ASAP I'll submit a patch ;-)

Here it is:
=====
README for the Debian cl-s-xml package

* Supported character sets

While S-XML authors do not make any efforts to support anything but
the basic Common Lisp character type (and string or stream type), any
character set which is implemented by the underlying Common Lisp
should be supported by S-XML as well.

 -- Luca Capello <luca at pca.it>, Thu,  3 Feb 2005 22:36:33 +0100
=====

Thx, bye,