[regex-coach] Regex Coach strings in Windows Registry

carr.org stevenba at carr.org
Sun Dec 24 03:44:45 UTC 2006

Sheri,

    I do not know if this is what you are concerned with, however ...
    As I see it, the Save As feature of a pane will save the contents as a
text (.txt) file.
No carriage returns or line feeds are stored in the .txt file.
    Regex Coach will dynamically insert line feeds based on the size of the
window.  It will visually inform you that there is a generated break by the
"!" inserted at the end of the line.
    If you resize the window, the "!" will change position and the line will
shrink or expand.
    The expression you type is INDEPENDENT of that generated "!" and does
NOT appear in the saved .txt file, nor is it part of the regex.

    Perhaps you save your file with one window size and later open/import it
using a different pane window size.

    The regular expression you enter should function exactly the same way
regardless of the window pane you are using.

    I hope this helps.

Steve