[pg-devel] 2 New pg/sbcl test cases - 2 tests fail

Eric Marsden eric.marsden at free.fr
Mon Sep 18 21:40:07 UTC 2006

>>>>> "ecm" == Eric Marsden <eric.marsden at free.fr> writes:
>>>>> "tc" == Travis Cross <travis at travislists.com> writes:

  tc> * I added a prepare/bind/execute test that tries to insert text
  tc> data.  This generates a postgresql error ("invalid byte sequence for
  tc> encoding "LATIN1": 0x00, NIL.").

  ecm> I can also reproduce this, but haven't worked out what it's due to.
  ecm> This error is being raised from PostgreSQL ; it's likely that some
  ecm> of the P/B/E code is sending garbage.

  I believe that I've fixed this bug. The problem was that text
  arguments to a prepared statement should be sent without a trailing
  NUL octet (unlike most other areas of the network protocol).

--
Eric Marsden