[pg-devel] 2 New pg/sbcl test cases - 2 tests fail

Travis Cross travis at travislists.com
Tue Sep 5 09:44:54 UTC 2006

Hello.

I'm running pg on Linux 2.6.16 NPTL / SBCL 0.9.16 unicode against
PostgreSQL 8.1.4. As I was noticing some issues when using the pg
library (latest cvs), I added a bit of code to pg-tests.lisp to help
in tracking the issues down.  Currently, both tests that I added
fail on SBCL.

Changes to pg-test.lisp:

 * The multiprocessing test now runs on SBCL (though it currently
generates lisp errors reliably ("The value 73 is not of type BIT.")).

 * I added a prepare/bind/execute test that tries to insert text
data.  This generates a postgresql error ("invalid byte sequence for
encoding "LATIN1": 0x00, NIL.").

 * Added #+cmu before the fwrapper code in test-fib.

I've attached backtraces of the errors that I'm seeing.  I'm
currently working through these issues to see if I can track
anything down.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

-- Travis