[movitz-devel] Re: The Bi-Annual Movitz Newsletter

Terence Sullivan tesullivan at knology.net
Sat Mar 17 17:39:10 UTC 2007

Hello,

First, congratulations on the progress that you have been making. I hope
that as I improve my Lisp skills I will eventually be able to join you
and contribute to the effort. In the mean time, I noticed this portion
of your Bi-Annual Movitz Newsletter:
> My own development focus currently is to invent a reasonable
> mechanism for waiting/blocking. The current busy-looping nature of
> movitz kernels is clearly the biggest wart on the system.
and thought I might be able to give you some help in the form of an idea.

In my poking around the internet, I ran across something a while ago
called an Exokernel at MIT.
http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/exo/

Now, I'm not advocating that you use it in it's current form, rather, I
would just offer it as a possible model of how you might modify your
kernel to solve your "busy-looping" problem.

Keep up the good work.

Terry Sullivan