[mel-base-devel] git repository link is down

Brian O'Reilly fade at deepsky.com
Wed Dec 8 00:47:03 UTC 2010

On 10-10-13 11:01 AM, Liu Yubao wrote:
> [[ cross post to quicklisp, hope this isn't annoying as they are all
> low volume lists. ]]
>
> Hi Jochen,
>
> I'm glad you fixed the mel-base web page on common-lisp.net quickly,
> but Zach and I find
> the git repository link is down, could you tell me what happened?
>    [[ http://github.com/quicklisp/quicklisp-projects/issues#issue/9 ]]
>
> And the mel-base-announce link on
> http://common-lisp.net/project/mel-base/ is wrongly
> pointed to mel-base-devel, I think it's better just remove it or fix
> the link and announce
> a new release, I'm very surprised and happy to see mel-base is
> maintained continuously
> and well, thanks for your excellent effort.

Well, I sent a pull req in june this year, and after some conversation
in the #quicklisp channel, I went and looked at the changelog in that
repo and I realised that before the patch I commited in my copy of the
darcs repo, the last change before that came from David Lichteblau:

Sun Jul 18 17:30:07 EDT 2010  Brian O'Reilly <fade at funkrehab.com>
   * sb-unix semantics changed; update to comply.
   Ignore-this: fed529a2266f8ccaef9680bd9b3d1b04

     M ./lisp-dep/utils.lisp -2 +3

Thu Jan 31 16:17:12 EST 2008  david at lichteblau.com
   * support fetch-limit in imap-folder

     M ./folders/imap/folder.lisp -1 +2

... so I have to ask, is mel-base dead, or does it just smell funny?
Somebody needs to run update-server-info on the git repo linked from the
common-lisp.net project page.

Kind Regards.,

Brian