[lgtk-devel] glade

Mario Mommer mmommer at common-lisp.net
Mon Apr 18 16:32:08 UTC 2005

Hi Sean,

Sean Champ <schamp at commonwerx.org> writes:
> I was loading lgtk with asdf, but I was running into a problem about
> an undefined symbol, from the glade libs.
>
> After I'd pushed "-lglade-2.0" onto lgtk-asd::*gtklibs* it worked
> alright.

Can you tell me what symbol? I don't remember merging in any glade
stuff, so I'm a bit surprised :-)

> As for how lgtk.asd might be modified, for this  -- just to bring this
> to attention, inasmuch as I put to the email buffer, for it:
>
> I think that pkg-config might not be configured to name the glade
> library, if there would be no explicit argument, provided for it.
>
> Supposing that it would be so: I do not know what 'pkg-config'
> argument would be used, in particular, so in order to make
> 'pkg-config' emit the special word that would tell ld, "load glade
> now"

I presume that pushing "-lglade-2.0" onto lgtk-asd::*gtklibs* might be
a decent workaround for the moment.

> Tired of catching flack in "the common lisp community",

Hm... I don't quite understand that comment, although I'm probably
lacking some context. As far as lgtk-devel is concerned, this is
flak-free zone, so feel free.

Regards,
        Mario.