[iterate-devel] newbie debugging a function with iterate.

Patrick X dabittweiler at gmail.com
Sat May 12 00:25:12 UTC 2007

Hey, gang sorry for the loopback noise.
I just had to ask.  What tools do you normally use to debug, trace or
step functions within the iterate package.

I was trying to do a (trace iterate::for previous) & a (trace
iterate:for previous)
but I keep getting an error about
"can't use encapsulation to trace anonymous function" for both iter
and for previous.

What I was trying to do was see what intern-previous-info and
make-save-info was doing to the variables.  In the case of the
(for (a b) = '(1 2))  ;reported by Kilian Sprotte
(for pa previous a)
(for pb previous b)
(print (list pa pb a b))

--
you must know the ledge of wise and dome to understand your culture of freedom!

http://pxpippen.blogspot.com/
http://groups.google.com/group/lispstl

Patrick