[iterate-devel] unfixed bugs

Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Mon May 7 08:44:04 UTC 2007

>Are the bugs listed on the site still exist and have they been
>fixed yet.

o The nested hash-table is long gone.  Who wants to fix the html page?

o I don't consider the "previous and initially" issue a bug. "I suspect it's a doc bug", as Andreas Fuchs wrote. Maybe it's not logical from a math. point of view, or maybe the math. model need be changed.

o The wishlist about macrolet (and flet and all shadowing issues) is still current. It's a basic limitation of the implementation, and I believe it's a basic limitation of the design (or possibly of ANSI-CL API): macroexpander and code-walkers get in trouble with lexical environments. A truly non-trivial issue.

o Not mentioned, and recently reported by Kilian Sprotte:
(for (a b) ='(1 2))
(for pa previous a)
(for pb previous b)
(print (list pa pb a b))

Another issue would be to enhance compatibility with LOOP even more: LOOP FOR FROM DOWNTO etc. does not always translate 1:1 to Iterate keywords.  Maybe that's a place for a small patch? Or maybe nobody but me ever noticed or cares?

>Hoping a can fix a few.
Great!

BTW, there's that empty CVS directory in the iterate project directory.  Shall I delete it or does it serve some purpose?

Regards,
	Jörg Höhle