[iterate-devel] *list-end-test*

Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Thu May 3 14:02:43 UTC 2007

Hi,

I've pushed my *list-end-test* patches onto the repository.
This is my first online push, please watch it.

After Attila will have pushed the Texinfo documentation, I'll document the change.

Andreas Fuchs wrote:
>I like that. Additionally, I suggest making *list-end-test* a symbol
>macro (that expands to something which errors when evaluated or
>setf'ed), so that code that relies on it being a special variable will
>break immediately.

Interesting idea, but that'll fail in precisely the case I mentioned:
(let ((iter::*list-end-test* #)) ...)
will shadow the global symbol macro and not complain.
So I have not added define-symbol-macro.
Do you still think that it's of great value in that case?

BTW, the destructuring + PREVIOUS bug reported by Kilian Sprotte is still in. I haven't managed to locate it so far.

Regards,
	Jörg Höhle.