[erlisp-devel] process-linking errors

Dirk Gerrits dirk at dirkgerrits.com
Thu Sep 1 05:47:25 UTC 2005

Eric Lavigne wrote:
> I've written most of the code for process-linking, but I'm having some
> trouble with the function check-system-messages. When I compile it, I
> get lots of errors that I don't understand.

Willem Broekema diagnosed the problem correctly I think.  You're using a
macro from messaging.lisp in process.lisp, but process.lisp is loaded
/before/ messaging.lisp.  (See erlisp.asd.)  And currently it /has/ to
be this way, because messaging.lisp depends on stuff from process.lisp
to be loaded before it itself is loaded.

> When I run it, it continues indefinitely and slows my computer to a crawl.

How can you run it if it doesn't compile?

Anyway, maybe you could put CHECK-SYSTEM-MESSAGES in messaging.lisp for
the time being?  I'll have a more thorough look at your code later...

- Dirk