[elephant-devel] Incompatibilities between different versions

Robert L. Read read at robertlread.net
Fri Mar 3 20:15:01 UTC 2006

Dear Evrim,
    Ian and I had identified this problem; I'm sorry that you tripped
over it before
we documented it or fixed it.
    You can't open a database less than or equal to 0.5 with the current
cvs code.
I don't know any very simple way around this problem; Ian and I were
planning to
address it with a fairly deep solution of assigning version numbers to
the formats
and then providing a specific upgrade mechanism.
    So, unfortunately, you options are:
1) Wait 3 or 4 weeks for Iain and I to fix it,
2) Figure it out yourself and give us the patch (good for us, perhaps
bad for you...)
3) Continue use 0.5.

    Let me know what you decide to do or if we can help you more with
this;
we will definitely have to solve this problem before we make the 0.6
release.