[clpython-devel] New errors in recent CVS

Jason Nielsen jdn at math.carleton.ca
Sat Jun 14 21:13:58 UTC 2008

Hello,

I just pulled the recent changes from cvs and get the following warning
when building:

The constant CLPYTHON.PARSER::+ALL-VALUES-NAMES+ is being redefined
(from
(CLPYTHON.PARSER:+NORMAL-VALUE+ CLPYTHON.PARSER:+AUGASSIGN-VALUE+
  CLPYTHON.PARSER:+NO-VALUE+)
(CLPYTHON.PARSER:+NORMAL-VALUE+ CLPYTHON.PARSER:+AUGASSIGN-VALUE+
  CLPYTHON.PARSER:+NO-VALUE+))

which I accept and the build finishes.  When I run the test suite I get
the following:

**********************************
End CLPython test
Errors detected in this test: 104 UNEXPECTED: 100
Successes this test:609
;
; compilation unit finished
;   caught 114 fatal ERROR conditions
;   caught 4 ERROR conditions
;   caught 3 WARNING conditions
;   caught 22 STYLE-WARNING conditions
;   printed 26 notes
NIL

There are a whole bunch of error messages when running the tests of the
form:

Reason: detected an unexpected error of type `#<SB-PCL::CONDITION-CLASS
SB-C:COMPILER-ERROR>':

which are the likely cause of the 100 extra failures.  All of this is on a
Ubuntu 7.10 box with sbcl 1.0.17... I built the latest sbcl along with the
previous tarball I had and the test suite ran as expected so the problem
is in recent updates.

By the way I've been following Euro 2008 closely (I'm a huge
soccer/football fan which isn't quite as common here in Canada) and the
Dutch team are looking awesome!  Nothing like kicking the asses of the
reigning world champs and runners-up to start off the tournament ;-).

Jason