[clfswm-devel] Some patches

Michael Raitza spacefrogg-clfswm at meterriblecrew.net
Thu Oct 11 20:04:52 UTC 2012

Hi,

I prepared a series of patches mostly improvements.

The first patch adds select-previous-child-simple, this function was
missing somehow.

The second patch modifies the frame-select-*-child functions to wrap
around the end of the list of children. Isn't that the intended
behaviour? I found it much more pleasing this way.

The third patch adds set-layout-simple. The other set-layout* functions
were to be called from second mode if I understood correctly. I want to
do it from main mode. Is there a general way to get rid of these second
mode / main mode differences?

The fourth patch adds query-backspace-clear. To clear query input to the
beginning of the line. (I have bound it to C-u like in vim and some
shells.)

In the fifth patch I have refactored run-program-from-query-string. This
function could not be run from main mode because it binds the λ the
function list to be run when leaving the second mode. So it was never
called before entering and leaving second mode somewhen later. This
patch introduces the function run-program-from-query-string-fun that
does the actual query and generates the function.
run-program-from-query-string uses its output. It also introduces
run-program-from-query-string-main to be called from main mode.

The third and fifth patch seem to be related, because they are causes by
the differences of the functions called in second mode from functions
providing the same functionality in main mode. Can't we consolidate
these two concepts?

Regards,

Michael