[clfswm-devel] Stuck in window swap mode

Duncan McGreggor duncan at cogitat.io
Wed Nov 28 22:07:36 UTC 2012

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 2:00 PM, Philippe Brochard <
pbrochard at common-lisp.net> wrote:

> Duncan McGreggor writes:
>
> > On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 9:31 PM, Ales Guzik <ales.guzik at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >     Hi Duncan.
> >
> >     Welcome to the list!
> >
> Hi Duncan, welcome too.
>

> > Thanks, Ales!
> >

> >     If I correctly understood what happens, than it might be expected
> >     behaviour. If you set change layout and answer "No" to "Keep frame
> children
> >     position?", than clicking child frame rearranges frames in such a
> way that
> >     clicked frame becomes the first. Clicks inside first (usually top
> left)
> >     frame should work as expected (be processed by target application).
> Just
> >     answer "yes" when setting layout to avoid this behaviour.
> >

> > Bingo. You nailed it -- that was exactly what happened (just tried it
> out).
> >
> > It seems that the only "fix" is to go back to the layout menu, ask to
> tile, and
> > then say "yes" to keeping the child positions. Is that the case? Or am I
> > missing a short-cut somewhere?
> >
> No, you missed nothing. This is the default behaviour but I think it's
> not appropriate. We'll revert to a more conventional child in fixed
> positions.

Nice.

> > Thanks again! I'm *really* enjoying clfswm ... looking forward to
> creating some
> > blog posts and (hopefully) some buzz around it ;-)
> >
> Good to hear this! And thanks for the buzz :-)

My pleasure :-)

As a side note, I was quite distressed to find that the Wikipedia page for
clfswm had been deleted recently. Reading the comments, it seems that the
editors are up to their usual tricks. However, once we get more blog posts
out there, an article or two, and with the great page on
common-lisp.netfor clfswm, we should be able to get a page back up
there that doesn't get
a delete-reaction. It would also be good to get us added to the various
wiki pages that compare tiling window managers.

Anyway, more on that later -- for now, I need to improve my clfswm chops ;-)

And nice work, everyone!