[clfswm-devel] Stuck in window swap mode

Ales Guzik ales.guzik at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 05:31:03 UTC 2012

Hi Duncan.

Welcome to the list!

If I correctly understood what happens, than it might be expected
behaviour. If you set change layout and answer "No" to "Keep frame children
position?", than clicking child frame rearranges frames in such a way that
clicked frame becomes the first. Clicks inside first (usually top left)
frame should work as expected (be processed by target application). Just
answer "yes" when setting layout to avoid this behaviour.

With best wishes,
Ales

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 5:28 AM, Duncan McGreggor <duncan at cogitat.io> wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> I'm trying out clfswm for the first time today, and I've been loving it.
> Quite impressive stuff. Thanks!
>
> However, I have run into the same problem twice now... I must have clicked
> some key-combination by accident. Right now, whenever I click (right or
> left) with the mouse on the primary window in a frame, it swaps out with
> another window (rotates through the windows of that frame).
>
> The first time I did this, I ended up killing X and starting over. Now
> that it's happened again, I really need to figure out how to get out of
> this state (and perhaps avoid getting into it by accident!).
>
> As you might imagine, this has made using clfswm rather awkward ;-)
>
> Thanks for your help,

 Ales Guzik <me at aguzik.net>
 skype: ales-guzik
 tel: +375 29 5751103