[clfswm-devel] CLFSWM 1106 released.

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Mon Jun 20 20:56:59 UTC 2011

Desmond O. Chang writes:

> On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 23:20:44 +0200, Philippe Brochard <pbrochard at common-lisp.net> wrote:
>> Desmond O. Chang writes:
>>>
>>> 1. Better support for multiple screens
>> You can change all windows positions with the with-placement macro.
>> Have a look at src/clfswm-placement.lisp and src/package.lisp.
>> You can define your own.
>>
>> For example: (setf *second-mode-placement* 'top-left-placement)
>
> Now I use *-child-placement.

This is a way to go. Another solution can be to make a new placement
system with fixed positions.

>>> 2. Running commands based on key codes
>> Yes this is boring for me too. So I've repeated the Page_Up definition
>> at the end of the file.
>> BTW you can already define commands with keycodes. In fact, define-*-key
>> accept a keysym, a keycode or a char for there keys.
>
> Better Solution is translating keyname to keysym in define-*-key.

Yes why not. But this part of the code is from the old clfswm and is
pretty hard to change. I'll take a look.

>> While I'm there. Do you have some news about the Debian package? I've
>> seen something about licence problems. Indeed if you have some time!
>
> I'll check the copyright and license text carefully and submit the deb
> package again.

Ok, thanks a lot.

> The copyright text in src/keysyms.lisp still has the "stumpwm" word.
> Is it necessary to update the text?

Maybe we've to add a line to claim the ownership of this file but
without changing the licence and with the original copyright.

> BTW, Is there any Debian Developer on this list?  Please join the
> Debian CL Team.  We need more members?

There is not a lot of member on this list. I can volunteered to be in
the Debian CL team (I follow the ML) but I don't use Debian as my main
system even if I use it on some machines.

Regards,

Philippe