[clfswm-devel] CLFSWM 1106 released.

Desmond O. Chang dochang at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 20:07:48 UTC 2011

Hi Philippe,

Congratulations on the new release!

I've been using CLFSWM since January.  Now it replaces StumpWM and
becomes my primary WM.  I really like its concept.

I'm learning your recent improvements.  But these days I'm busy on my
projects, so I didn't feedback anything before.

Now I'll report the problems I found so far.

1. Better support for multiple screens

   For example.  The "second mode" window is in the center of the
   whole screen, not one of the physical screens.

   Another example.  The ask-close/kill menu is always on the
   top-right corner of the whole screen, but the window might be on
   the left monitor.

   Maybe we can improve this behaviour.

2. Running commands based on key codes

   There're 3 PageUp definitions in keysyms.lisp

   $ git --no-pager grep -in \#xff55
   src/keysyms.lisp:93:(cl-define-keysym #xff55 "Prior")   ;Prior, previous
   src/keysyms.lisp:94:(cl-define-keysym #xff55 "Page_Up")
   src/keysyms.lisp:1923:(cl-define-keysym #xFF55 "SunPageUp")

   SunPageUp is the last one, so it overrides the others.  This causes
   all the PageUp related keybindings unavailable.  I have to reset
   the keyname to "Page_Up" in the rcfile.

   I think CLFSWM should associate commands with the key codes instead
   of key names.

3. How to send the binded keys?

   Using Mod-4 gets rid of most keybinding conflicts (with emacs) in
   main mode.  But I also want to send several keys to the
   applications, such as C-Esc or F10.

BTW1, dropping SVN is a very very correct decision.

BTW2, the new ask-close/kill menu is good.  Now I can operate the
windows faster.

Thanks,
Des