[clfswm-devel] User API proposition

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Sat Mar 22 23:25:40 UTC 2008

CT writes:

> Bonsoir,
>
>     >> I  have   created    a  new page   on    the  wiki  that    is:
>     >> http://trac.common-lisp.net/clfswm/wiki/UserAPI. It is meant to
>     >> be a  discussion on the CLFSWM features  at a user stand point,
>     >> so feel free to correct, comment and etc.
>     >>
>     PB> Cool, I've commented  it. In particular  I don't see the  need
>     PB> for the frame layer.
>
> So  do I have  written some  answer.  I  suggest that  we write answer
> threaded with bullet and the signature of the writer,  so that we know
> to what comment we answer and to follow the flow of discussion.

Please, can we continu the discussion here: it's really boring to
access the wiki with two users (we can't save comments when someone as
changed the page at the same time).

> I am  trying   to make  a case   to  change the meaning  of   group in
> CLFSWM. For me, group  is a better word for  an arbitrary ensemble. In
> CLFSWM, groups  are not  so arbitrary as   it  is link to  a  geometry
> inclusion relation. So, I would prefer to use frame in that particular
> case as this word has a geometrical sounding.

I start a new thread for this one.

>     PB> This make me think that I have to write  a page to tell how to
>     PB> change completly  the clfswm  behavior. Indeed clfswm  is just
>     PB> some minimals  xlib functions and  two modes (main and second)
>     PB> all the  rest  can  be  customized  (with hooks   or   complet
>     PB> rewrite). Even the second mode is not really needed.
> I would  definitely  appreciate that,  so   that I could  dive  in the
> internal of CLFSWM easily. Wow !

Ok, that's in my personnal TODO :)

>     >> Hoping to bring new ideas
>     PB> Yes, some have been added in the TODO files.
> Thank you,
>
> Hoping to contribute sooner or later with code...

I'm waiting for your code but your contribution with new ideas is
already very appreciated!

Regards,

Philippe

--