[clfswm-devel] How to install clisp for clfswm?

Matthieu Moy Matthieu.Moy at imag.fr
Mon Jan 21 21:20:48 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm giving a try to clfswm. I'm running debian unstable, and tried to
run clfswm by installing the packages cl-clx-sbcl and clisp, and
launching clfswm with clisp load.lisp.

It "works", but I get a segfault after a few minutes of usage. For
example, Mod1-f1, then "h" gets a relatively reproducible
segfault :-(.

So, I'm trying to install clisp myself, but without success :

dowloaded clisp-2.43.tar.gz, then

./configure --prefix=...
cd src
make
make install

It suceeds, I get a new "clisp", but trying to run clfswm, I get

; registering #<SYSTEM CLFSWM #x203E4616> as CLFSWM
;; Compiling file /home/moy/local/usr/src/clfswm/package.lisp ...
*** - SYSTEM::%FIND-PACKAGE: There is no package with name "XLIB"

Then, I found a modules/clx/new-clx/ in the clisp distribution, but I
don't understand how to install it (there's a README which seems
totally outdated).

So, what's the easyest way to run clfswm on Debian? Any hint on a
reliable package, or the way to compile clisp with clx myself?

Thanks,

--
Matthieu