[cl-wiki-devel] Re: New Release CL-WIKI 0.0.4

Ian Clelland clelland at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 21:26:35 UTC 2005

On 9/6/05, Emre Sevinc <emres at bilgi.edu.tr> wrote:
> Is there syntax for HTML effects like, H1, bold, italic, numbered
> list, unnumbered list, etc.?

There's no way to include raw HTML tags in the wiki content, if that's
what you mean.

There are a couple of different standards, I think, for including
things like <h1>, <h2>, that are really easy to implement. Something
like this:

****This is a heading**** --> <h1>This is a heading</h1>
***This is a subheading*** --> <h2>This is a subheading</h2>

(h2 and h3 would probably be better, and reserve h1 for the page title
in the template)

Lists are more complicated; they are usually formatted somthing like this:

. First list element
. Second list element

for unordered lists, and

1. First list element
2. Second list element

for ordered lists (the actual numbering doesn't do anything, but the
fact that there are numbers there tells the wiki engine to use an <ol>
tag).

Those are much more difficult to implement, and I'm not certain that
they can be done with regular expression replacement at all.

CL-wiki already has bold and italic effects, in the form of <em> and
<strong> tags (use double and triple quote marks, respectively). The
CSS almost always makes those into italic and bold fonts.

Regards,
Ian Clelland
<clelland at gmail.com>