[cl-who-devel] Unexpected behavior of pre directive with indented output

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Sat Dec 29 20:09:02 UTC 2007

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 11:40:01 -0800, Jeff Cunningham <jeffrey at cunningham.net> wrote:

> Such as?

TEXTAREA, for example.

There are more.  I don't remember the details, but I've had cases
where whitespace between tags in tables changed the way the tables
were rendered by certain browsers.

> It doesn't seem wise to have a debugging mode that changes the
> behavior of what it is you are trying to debug.

I didn't say "debugging mode," I said that it's there for the purpose
of debugging.  I sometimes (rarely) use it if I want to look at the
generated HTML.  In production environments I always turn the
indentation of.

CL-WHO is all about output and :INDENT T clearly changes the output.

Edi.