[cl-typesetting-devel] Drawing multiple pages woes.

Erik Enge erik at nittin.net
Tue May 11 18:23:21 UTC 2004

On May 11, 2004, at 12:57 PM, Marc Battyani wrote:

> Maybe you should try to print the first boxes to see if they change.

I have one box:

MYPACK 23 > (typeset::boxes *pdf-document*)
(#<TYPESET:HBOX 1C42F5EF>)

I printed (typeset::boxes *pdf-document*) and it went like this:

(#<TYPESET:HBOX 1172BF0F>)
(#<TYPESET:HBOX 1172BF0F>)
(#<TYPESET:HBOX 1172BF0F>)
(#<TYPESET:HBOX 1172BF0F>)
(#<TYPESET:HBOX 1172BF0F>)
(#<TYPESET:HBOX 1172BF0F>)
(#<TYPESET:HBOX 1172BF0F>)
(#<TYPESET:HBOX 1172BF0F>)
(#<TYPESET:HBOX 12149C27>)
(#<TYPESET:HBOX 12149C27>)
(#<TYPESET:HBOX 12149C27>)
(#<TYPESET:HBOX 12149C27>)
(#<TYPESET:HBOX 12149C27>)
(#<TYPESET:HBOX 12149C27>)
(#<TYPESET:HBOX 12149C27>)

It changes three times and the last one just keeps on going for minutes
and
minutes until I break it.

> When you break the loop, where is it stuck ?

draw-page, but it doesn't tell me exactly where in draw-page (LW for
Mac)

> Have you traced make-filled-vbox or v-split ?

0 TYPESET:MAKE-FILLED-VBOX > ...
   >> TYPESET::CONTENT : #<TYPESET::TEXT-CONTENT 11998B3F>
   >> TYPESET::DX      : 612
   >> TYPESET::DY      : 792
0 TYPESET:MAKE-FILLED-VBOX < ...
   << VALUE-0 : #<TYPESET:VBOX 11AA729B>

Can't find a v-split symbol in the typeset package.  I believe I have
version
0.7.

> Does the test examples of  cl-typesetting work ?

Yes, and in particular, the multi-page-hello works just fine.  Creates
seven pages
with text.

My document is composed of some pretty big tables, a few paragraphs and
image
and not much else.  Hm, I just got this funny feeling that I've been
told that tables won't
work well over multiple-pages.  Have I run into a wall here?

Erik.