[cl-typesetting-devel] Top-level layout, multi-page tables, and other contrib

Marc Battyani marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com
Fri Mar 5 23:12:23 UTC 2004

"Dmitri Ivanov" <divanov at aha.ru> writes:

> Main features
> ==============
> - Basic top-level stuff
> - Multi-page table working only if they are inline
> - Multi-page table can have header and footer rows
> - Implemented row-span for table cells
> - New generic v-split as a replacement of split-lines.
>
> Please test. The resulting pdf file is available in
>     lisp.ystok.ru/code/multi-page.pdf

Very Great!

> Other suggestions and notes
> =========================
> 1) I suggest renaming the splitable-p slot into "keep" or "keep-together"
> which accept values t (meaning keep own lines together) or :next (meaning
> keep own lines together as well as with the next box).

Or maybe a number?

> 2) The package name "typeset" is a bit long, and source looks too wording
as
> a result. It would be nice having nicknames like TSET, TPS, or even TT or
> TY. I vote for TT.

OK, why not. Anybody has another suggestion ?

> It would be nice having an abbreviation for the paragraph macro - I vote
for
> universally recognized P.

OK.

> IMHO put-source-code-string is also too long, let's have simply
"put-source"
> or the like.

Or maybe "verbatim"
What does TeX uses ?

> 3) AFAIR, code badly needs lots of restructuring and encapsulation. For
> example, the pdf:page class should inherit from typeset:page,
pdf:document -
> from typeset:document, not vice versa.

No. cl-pdf can be used without cl-typesetting. At least for now ;-)

I will test and merge this into cl-typesetting this WE.
I any case thanks a lot Dmitri! This is a very great contribution!

All the best,

Marc