[cl-typesetting-devel] Top-level layout, multi-page tables, and other contrib

Dmitri Ivanov divanov at aha.ru
Fri Mar 5 16:17:14 UTC 2004

Hello,

Main features
==============
- Basic top-level stuff
- Multi-page table working only if they are inline
- Multi-page table can have header and footer rows
- Implemented row-span for table cells
- New generic v-split as a replacement of split-lines.

Please test. The resulting pdf file is available in
    lisp.ystok.ru/code/multi-page.pdf

Other suggestions and notes
=========================
1) I suggest renaming the splitable-p slot into "keep" or "keep-together"
which accept values t (meaning keep own lines together) or :next (meaning
keep own lines together as well as with the next box).

2) The package name "typeset" is a bit long, and source looks too wording as
a result. It would be nice having nicknames like TSET, TPS, or even TT or
TY. I vote for TT.

It would be nice having an abbreviation for the paragraph macro - I vote for
universally recognized P.

IMHO put-source-code-string is also too long, let's have simply "put-source"
or the like.

3) AFAIR, code badly needs lots of restructuring and encapsulation. For
example, the pdf:page class should inherit from typeset:page, pdf:document -
from typeset:document, not vice versa.
--
Sincerely,
Dmitri Ivanov