[cl-typesetting-devel] CLISP support

Marc Battyani marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com
Sun Apr 25 20:18:38 UTC 2004

"Klaus Weidner" <kw at w-m-p.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 25, 2004 at 09:39:58PM +0200, Marc Battyani wrote:
> > In 6.1.2.1 Iteration Control:
> > "When iteration control clauses are used in a loop, the corresponding
> > termination tests in the loop body are evaluated before any other loop
body
> > code is executed."
> > For me "any other" applies to other clauses as well. The reference to do
and
> > do* is unfortunate because they have only one termination form.
>
> I think that interpretation goes beyond what the standard actually says.
> and I would interpret "loop body" to exclude the stepping statements,

It's an English problem here. I'm not a native speaker. ;-)
For me the "other" word means it applies to other clauses otherwise they
would have said "before the loop body". By saying "before the other loop
body code" they imply that the clause is part of that body so it should
terminate before the next one.

> Maybe it would be better if you send the note to the CLISP people, since
> I'm mostly convinced of their point of view by now (except for on-list).

Ok I will do it.

Marc