[cl-typesetting-devel] HTML rendering

Klaus Weidner klaus at atsec.com
Mon Apr 19 16:41:05 UTC 2004

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 07:21:40PM +0400, Dmitri Ivanov wrote:
> What is the point to name this CSS2-originated staff by "FO classification"
> ? (BTW I have not said I disregard CSS :-))

It's the same thing, just renamed. CSS/CSS2 is deprecated and replaced by
XSL-FO, which contains the CSS2 spec, a lot of extensions (i.e. much
improved print media handling, which is relevant for us), and uses XML
syntax rather than the rather ad-hoc CSS stylesheets, which makes it
trivial to parse.

-Klaus